Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Job Hunting

There is not a high demand for elementary teachers in this area. Which isn't a good thing for me. I have been filling out application after application. Yesterday I dropped off some at a couple school boards in the area. One told me that they would put me on the list for a screening interview! :)
I've also mailed out some applications. I called today to resubmit my app for some newly posted positions and they said all they needed was a copy for my certificate. I asked if I should mail it to the same place I did my applications and they said I could fax it in (which I took as a good sign!).
My plan is to begin working on my masters and get a few years of teaching under my belt, before packing up and heading south! So I am more than ready to get this show on the road!
Hopefully I will hear something soon! Any of y'all have advice for finding a job right out of college?
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

In With the Light said...

good luck with the job hunt! you will be in my prayers!

BRD said...

I am also re-starting my job search soon and I am not looking forward to it. I actually contemplating going back to school to get my Masters in Elementary Education too.... I got my Bachelors in Interior Design which is not in high demand right now. :(

It is so tough out there right now! I would just say - stay positive! It may take awhile but you will find something! Good luck!